Environment, Social & Governance Approach
Sustainable and responsible investing that takes into account environmental, social and corporate governance factors is, quite simply, sensible long-term investing.
Investors should not have to compromise on returns in order to satisfy these wider principles or goals.
We therefore welcome St. James’s Place’s on-going commitments in this area, including:
• Carrying an A+ rating under the United Nation-backed Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) framework
• Having 100% of fund managers being PRI signatories
• Members of the Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance, committed to transitioning investments to the net-zero emissions by 2050
• Making responsible investing an explicit element of their fund manager ‘select, monitor, change’ process
• Appointing Impax Asset Management to run the Sustainable & Responsible Equity fund in November 2018
• Publishing their first Carbon Report assessing the performance of each investment portfolio in Q1 2020
• Including a CO2 benchmark rating for every fund in the Annual Value Assessment Statement published in July 2020
• Offering portfolios that take into account ESG factors through Rowan Dartington, the Discretionary Fund management and Stockbroking arm of St. James’s Place.
The value of an investment with St. James’s Place or Rowan Dartington may fall as well as rise. You may get back less than you invested.
Investing through an organisation that is pioneering ESG principles gives clients the opportunity to align their financial goals with their wider interests and objectives.
As a business we also seek to operate in a way that minimises our impact on the environment, is mindful of our wider role and responsibilities to our stakeholders, and demonstrates the highest ethical standards.